To: All Clients, Contractors and Suppliers
As the COVID-19 situation is having a significant impact on all, and our team follow the precautions from local authorities carefully and have implemented a number of measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 and to protect employees, customers and society.
Due to the present pandemic situation of COVID-19, our management has decided to keep the offices closed from 24-March-2020 for a period of 14 (fourteen) days. This action of ours is to support the minimum quarantine period requirement and our contribution towards the nation’s effort to minimize the spread of this disease. During this period our Procurement, Assembly, Dispatch, Accounts and Engineering departments shall remain closed. This shall effect our present committed work and delivery schedules. We assure that upon resume of works, every effort shall be made to make-up for the time lost during this closure
As per this plan many employees work from home if at all possible, and all cross-border travels and external meetings have been cancelled unless extremely essential. In the coming period we try to stay in close contact with our customers and partners (principals, manufacturers and banking channels etc…) virtually. We encourage communications through emails and telephone. Personalized meetings shall be minimized during this period.
We request your support during these hard times and wish all safe & good health.
Visit by Abu Dhabi Electricity & Water Authority (ADWEA) Pre-Qualification of KAMSTRUP Consumer Digital Water Meter being concluded.
DESCON had been officially invited by the Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA) to participate in many RFxs (Request For Quotation – online bidding) involving SMART Electronic Metering. DESCON has qualified Engineers who understand the technology and can support its customers locally in all aspects of this business. DESCON / Kamstrup team were successful in securing projects for supplying Smart Electronic Water Meters (wired and wireless wireless) to FEWA.
Similar to FEWA, Abu Dhabi Electricity & Water Authority (ADWEA) in Abu Dhabi region are in the process of pre qualifying Smart Meters and together with Kamstrup DESCON see an excellent opportunity in this field. This pre qualification process inlcudes various reviews, verifications, sample demonstrations and factory visits. Joint efforts from Descon and Kamstrup have reached the factory visit stage concluded as on 06 November 2019.
Kamstrup is a world-leading supplier of energy and water metering solutions. Our solutions support utilities and are also applied in properties with individual metering. For 70 years, we have delivered reliable, cost-effective ways to measure and manage energy and water consumption worldwide. By anticipating our customers’ challenges, we enable them to run a better business and inspire smarter, more responsible solutions for the communities they serve. Our solutions include consumption meters, smart metering systems, hosting and services, analytics and smart grid applications. All products are produced with the highest certifications for environmental safety and quality in our automated production facilities in Denmark.
Formed on 1st April 1994 serving the role as instrumentation equipment distributor.
Activities included “Onshore And Offshore Oil And Gas Fields And Facilities Services Installation and Maintenance of Measurement and Control Equipment And Devices Trading””.
Extending instrumentation and automation solutions to the customers in United Arab Emirates.
The concept of District Metering Area (DMA) management was first introduced to the UK water industry in the early 1980’s in UK Report 26. According to that report, DMA is an area of a distribution system which is specifically defined (usually by the closure of valves) and in which the quantities of water entering and leaving the area are metered.
Non Revenue Water (NRW) is defined as the difference between the total volume of water Flowed IN TO the DMA and the total volume of water flowed OUT OF the DMA.
SOURCE of NRW:
- Lack of meters.
DESCON Designed DMA Solution
Supplied DMA System numerically integrates the Flow Rate Signal received from the flow transmitter to get the total volume at all times.
- This flowmeter totalized volume would provide the quantity of water flowed into the DMA.
- CPC System can receive this totalized volume from DMA System RTU.
- Consumer metering (consumption) data is also available at CPC System.
- Loss of utility water can be obtained by subtracting the “Cumulative total (sum) of all consumer metering data” from the “totalized volume” of DMA System RTU
FEWA Signed Contract 105W/2016 with DESCON
FEWA is the water and electricity provider to the Northern Emirates in the UAE and expects that the new ultrasonic water meters will improve water efficiency and reduce water losses.
Descon has been actively involved with various projects and supplies to the Oil & Gas, Electricity and Water/Waste water utilities in the region.
Trying a new avenue of business, with a totally new domain of “Water Metering”, we have secured partial order for SMART Electronic Water Metering from Federal Electricity & Water Authority (FEWA).
We had been officially invited by the Federal Electricity & Water Authority (FEWA) to participate in competitive bidding to Supply Smart Electronic Water Meters for FEWA Utility network. The total consumer base of FEWA is around 300,000 and they plan to roll out Smart Meters before 2018 for all their consumers.
Also Descon has qualified Engineers who understand the technology and can support its customers locally in all aspects of the business.
It’s worth mentioning few important points at this juncture.
- It is a Big responsibility for the team to execute this job.
- We must take all possible opportunity to maximize our efficiency in obtaining best output we can.
- Commercial documentation formalities, effective planning, factory inspection by client, part delivery as agreed in contract.
- Timely delivery of goods and taking note of every serial number of devices as we have a warranty obligation etc..
- Product is totally new and a lot of learning will happen.
- We all members of DESCON take part in this task.
By the third week of August 2017, DESCON has completed the first LOT of delivery in this contract.
- Second (last lot in this contract) is being expedited to be delivered by November 2017.
For more details on this, please contact:
Projects Manager – SMART Electronic Water Metering
A quality management system is a collection of business processes focused on consistently meeting customer
requirements and enhancing their satisfaction. It is aligned with the organization’s purpose and strategic
A quality management system (QMS) is a set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and
execution (production/development/service) in the core business area of an organization. (i.e. areas that can
impact the organization’s ability to meet customer requirements.)
The Concept of Quality Management
A Quality Management System in its basic concept is quite simple.
It seeks to:
- Recognize the external quality related requirements specified in Licenses to Trade, guidelines, specified customer requirements, and the chosen management system standard(s)
- Ensure that all requirements have been documented within the management system in the appropriate location in terms of defined specific system requirements.
- Confirm that employees receive applicable training in the quality system requirements.
- Outline performance processes, where applicable, to the quality system requirements.
- Produce records or evidence that system requirements have been met.
- Measure, monitor and report the extent of compliance with these performance procedures.
- Continually monitor and analyze changes to the requirements and confirm that all changes are reflected in
changes to the specific requirements when necessary.
- Execute the audit and analyze the system processes and correct them when necessary
- Include processes that will help continually improve the quality system.
ISO 9001:2008 is an example of a Quality Management System.
Trunking design at the Initial Stage of Panel Design.
As per the initial design a portion is removing from both corners of each Trunking inside panel.
Approximately 40mm of material is removing from Trunking in every joint and most of the panels are having at least 6 joints. Total wastage of 240mm trunking in each panel.
A considerable amount of trunking wastage was observed during detailed design stage and modification / corrective actions are taken.
As a result material wastage and associated additional works are prevented during manufacturing stage.
Modified Design after Observation and Corrective Action:
Design Modification are done in a manner that, joining of trunking is possible without removing the edges / corners.
Joining of Trunking without removing the corners.
2% ~ 3% of the total ducts in a panel.
DESCON UAE’s Process Control Group, provides innovative, advanced Control system Design, development, implementation, factory acceptance tests, site commissioning and on-going site support for public and private sector organizations in utilities (power & water), petrochemicals and general industries.